Safety & Grab Bar Installation Specialists
Safety Bars for the Home
Accessible Safety Rails and Grab Bars Installed in Your Bathroom
Keep your bathroom safe and accessible with safety rail and grab bar installations for your newly remodeled bathroom. Sonnenburg Builders has renovated bathrooms in Wisconsin for over 30 years, and we provide handrail installation services for your new bathroom to ensure safety and ease of use for all of your bathroom needs.
Our remodeled bathrooms can have walk-in showers or toilets installed with safety rails and grab bars nearby for maximum support and stability. You will be able to access every part of your bathroom without any extra help, and maintain your independence no matter what your situation.
Sonnenburg Builders can help you make your bathroom as accessible as possible by installing convenient safety bars and grab rails near the toilet, shower in the precise location and height you need. Check out all of our newly installed safety and grab bars and see how much they can improve the quality of your own bathroom space.
Installing safety bars in the bathroom is Sonnenburg Builders area of expertise. With over 30 years of experience remodeling bathrooms, the majority of those bathrooms have required safety and grab bar installations. At-home slip and fall accidents occur most often in the bathroom. Rugs, grip mats and other traction devices all help to an extent however are not entirely safe. Safety and grab bars can be strategically installed to ensure support and stability at all times. Safety bars in the bathroom are often installed in the following areas:
- Safety Bars for Shower - Safety bar placement in the shower provides stability when standing and help with transition from sitting to standing when a shower seat may be in place. Grab bars provide security where there typically is none. Don’t take any risks with your physical well-being or with your independency. A small fall could discourage your ability to stay at home self-sufficiently.
- Safety Bars for Toilets - Toilets weren’t designed for those who experience mobility difficulties. Toilets are often lower to the ground making it difficult to sit and stand easily. Safety bars installed next to a toilet will help make toilet access easier for those who have complications. We can install flip-up safety rails easily kept out of the way when not needed.
- Safety Bars for Tubs - Bathtubs are another fixture in the home which become difficult to use when mobility is hindered. Safety grab bars installed in and next to the bathtub makes getting in and out of the tub safer and easier.
Bestbath shower systems offer the best in safety, durability, and design with custom color walk-in showers and non-slip floors. Sonnenburg Builders can install safety grab bars anywhere you need them to stay steady in the shower.
Bathroom Safety Grab Bars for the Elderly
Sonnenburg Builders provides high quality safety bars and grab rails for seniors still living at home. You can maintain your independence with a safety rail or grab bar beside the toilet or inside a fiberglass shower. Never compromise on your own safety – check out our Manitowoc, WI showroom today for different styles and designs of handrails for own home. We can securely install any style of grab bar or safety rail you need, including L-shaped safety bars, and designs to complement the look of your bathroom.
Bathroom Grab Rails for the Disabled
Permanent or long-term disabilities should never have to limit your life – with Sonnenburg Builders, you can have the freedom to use your own bathroom without any hassle. High quality safety or grab bars can be installed in your bathroom for ease of use, and you will be able to maintain your independence without compromising your health or safety. Check out some of our home remodeling projects to see how you want your handrails installed in your newly renovated bathroom.
Safety bars for the home are crucial under various circumstances. Handicap disabilities are one of the main reasons why homeowners install safety bars. Depending on a resident’s level of mobility, a safety bar can help one be independent in the privacy of their own home, especially in the bathroom where independency may matter the most.
You’re Only as Safe as the Mounting of Your Grab Bars
When a slip or loss of balance occurs, you need a bar firmly anchored to the wall, not stuck on with a suction cup – safety grab bars and rails installed by Sonnenburg remain firmly attached to help protect against injuries from slip and fall accidents.
Products promising instant secure installation without drilling should be avoided. Many of them only promise “stability” and reading the fine print reveals they are not intended to support full body weight.
Many low-priced “easy install” safety grab bars give the illusion of safety without actually improving the security of seniors or the disabled who need reliable home safety aids. There are no shortcuts to safety, but safety grab bars do offer a substantial improvement in senior home safety when done right.
Sonnenburg Builders has experience making the bathroom, kitchen, and all areas of the home safer and more accessible. We install safety grab bars and rails you can depend on.
Knowing When It’s Time to Install Senior Home Safety Aids
Aging can bring los of coordination, flexibility, and balance. Along with aging eyesight and chronic conditions such as diabetes or arthritis, it’s no wonder falls are the leading cause of injuries for adults over 65 in America.
Slip and fall accidents in the home can result in broken hips, wrists and head injuries. even if falling doesn’t cause serious injury, it can cause an older adult or disabled person with limited mobility to become fearful or anxious when moving about their own home.
Proper installation of well placed safety rails and grab bars helps elderly residence improve mental and physical well being by helping them maintain independence safely.The best time to install safety grab bars in the home is before a fall happens. If you or a loved one have any concerns about balance, dizziness, or falling, call Sonnenburg Builders to discuss professional safety rail and grab bar installation in key areas of the home.
Signs it’s time to install safety grab bars:
- A cane or walker is used when walking
- Holding on to furniture or bracing a hand against the wall
- Difficulty getting up from a chair or bed
- Physical therapy has been recommended to improve balance or gait
- Noticeable side effects from medicine affect balance
Don't take chances with the safety of you or a loved one. Grab bars installed with anchors for a non-stud mount provide the appearance of safety, but you need safety equipment you can rely on in crucial moments. Call the safety rail company Manitowoc trusts to do the job right, whether it's safety bar installation or building a new home from the ground up.
Preventing Slips and Falls in the Home
In addition to installing safety grab bars, there are other simple steps you can take to improve senior home safety:
- Replace rugs and deep carpeting with flat carpeting and non-slip flooring
- Keep electric cords and extensions tucked out of the way
- Make light switches and outlets easy to reach
- Ensure all steps and stairways are in good repair with secure rails
- Provide even lighting throughout the home and reduce glare
Sonnenburg Builders can help improve kitchen safety and reduce risk of accidents throughout the home with safety grab bar installation, remodeling, and tasks such as relocating outlets and switches easily done by a qualified handyman.