4 simple shower updates for safely aging in place
Maintain your independence with help from Manitowoc bathroom remodeler
Compromised mobility and strength can make using a conventional shower difficult and dangerous. Sonnenburg Builders provides several simple solutions for the showers, giving seniors and injured or handicapped individuals more privacy and safety.
Sonnenburg Builders is Manitowoc County’s most trusted home remodeling company specializing in senior and handicap bathroom remodeling.
We have decades of experience helping:
- Seniors remodeling as part of an age-in-place plan
- Adult children helping their parents remodel, or making their own bathroom accessible for aging family members
- Homeowners increasing resale value by using universal design ideas when remodeling
- Individuals with disabilities preserving independence by modifying their shower and bathroom
Contact Sonnenburg Builders today for a free estimate or advice on the best way to improve senior safety in the shower, bathroom or any room of the house. From Mishicot, Two Rivers and Kiel to Sheboygan, Sonnenburg Builders helps residents maintain independence throughout Manitowoc County.
Affordable fixes for 4 common shower safety issues:
1. Difficulty getting into or out of a tub with high walls
Curbless or low-barrier showers make it simple and easy to walk in and out, or transfer from a wheelchair to a shower seat.
2. Arthritis or weakness in hands makes it hard to use the faucet.
Lever style faucets eliminate the need to grip and twist to turn on the shower. We can even re-install your shower faucet anywhere you like so you don’t have to lean or reach for it. There are many different faucet styles available, including foot-operated models.
3. Risk of slipping and falling in and around the shower.
Sonnenburg Builders can install safety grab bars and rails anywhere in your shower or bathroom. Professional installation ensures support is there when it’s needed.
We can also install a non-slip surface in the shower and non-slip flooring in the bathroom. Our experienced bathroom remodelers can help you choose the right type of floor covering taking into consideration cleaning, moisture, walkers/canes and your budget.
4. Unable to stand in shower.
We can install a flip-down shower seat or bath bench so you can relax in the shower. Shower seats have benefits for everyone in the household! A hand-held showerhead makes it easy to shower while sitting and makes cleaning the shower easier.